Trademark Watching helps companies to identify the infringement and misuse of their trademark. It allows trademark owners to get alerts when the filing of a similar trademark takes place. Also, it ensures one’s position to oppose the trademark at the right time. Moreover, trademark watching asserts one’s rights by providing regular updates regarding the similar trademark. The owner has the rights to present the opposition actions against the application, aiming to prevent its registration.
Related Articles: Trademark Filing Fees: A Quick Overview
Trademark Watching: The Significance
It is equally important to protect the trademark from the unauthorized and potentially damaging use.Thus, trademark watching plays an essential role to avoid trademark infringement. The importance of it is as follows:
1. Early infringement identification: The earlier, the owner identifies infringement of the trademark, the easier it is for the companies to enforce their trademark rights. To identify this, keeping an eye over the trademark is very important. Early identification is important for brands at risk in building up evidence of misuse when acting against the infringement.
2. Option to oppose: Whenever you get to know that someone is trying to copy your trademark, you have the right to oppose it freely. Several companies provide services to monitor new trademark applications. Trademark watch helps you to get a notification that the upcoming trademark is similar to yours. This helps to stop that company by filing a formal notice of opposition at the trademark office.
3. Effective watching strategy: Trademark Watching is an important process in the proactive monitoring of registered marks. However, to be truly effective, there is a need for the formation of a trademark strategy. This is due to the fact that it takes into account the size and reach of the brand owner’s portfolio. A brand owner’s trademark watching strategy should cover all the relevant trademark registers to identify applications for similar trademark. It prevents the counterfeiting of the symbols and logos.
4. Technology and trademark watch: Technology improves the process of trademark protection by a huge margin. Online watching services deliver a similar service on the wider internet. Based on the trademarks, the services monitor the web, including online message boards and auction sites to identify instances of infringement. Also, such services should take place in accordance, keeping the company’s core trademark rights in mind.
What to watch?
It is important for one to keep a watch on things that can possibly damage the company’s reputation by trademark infringement. Trademark Watching to monitor for potentially conflicting application will typically take one of the three forms:
- Identical trademark watch: It identifies marks or devices that are visually or phonetically identical.
- Similar trademark watch: It identifies identically and confusingly similar marks.
- Trademark watch with opinion: It identifies the trademarks based on their consideration of the prior art that impact the business and its market share.
In general, a trademark watch service can be a highly useful process in administering and monitoring intellectual property rights. It prevents unauthorized use of the trademark as well as determines the appropriate remedies in case of an infringement.
Related Articles: How to trademark a logo?
Why Choose Us? – The Trademark Watch Company
If you are looking to protect your trademark, The Trademark Watch Company (TTWC) will help you in doing so. TTWC boasts years of experience in trademark watching so that no one misuses the brand you have built. We keep a vigilant eye on every trademark filing going on multiple countries that can impact one’s brand. TTWC can help assess if the trademark, trade name or other trade-related assets are being misused anywhere in any jurisdiction. Our team consists of highly skilled experts with uttermost quality. Moreover, we cover 92+ countries across the globe and our team has become successful in satisfying our clients. Reach out to The Trademark Watch Company to avail our services.